Friday, 29 January 2016

Digipak: Final

Here is my final Digipak!


The top two squares are the front and back cover whilst the lower squares are the inside of my Digipak. In making my Digipak, I was insipired by album covers such as 'Wilder Mind' by Mumford and Sons- 


And 'I Love You' by The Neighbourhood-


Both indie artists use a dark colour palette, elements of nature and thin, simplistic, white font- all conventions of the indie genre. In order to adhere to these conventions, I chose my favourite features from these inspirations and applied them to my own. 

I also wanted my Digipak to somehow link to my music video- which is why I chose to use a variation between monochrome and colour. By showing the difference between light and dark, I wanted to represent the journey of the protagonist in my video as she reaches her goal at the end. Moreover, I also wanted to show a mix between rural and urban landscapes. The use of bright green on the inside contrasts against the dull grey of the outside. I wanted to keep the design of my Digipak very simple, as this is also a convention of the indie genre. Overall I really enjoyed making my Digipak and experiencing all the thoughts that go into the process of making one. Although the various layers of Photoshop were sometimes frustrating, it was fun to play around with the fonts and general design. 



No comments:

Post a Comment