As well as searching for artists, I also decided to have a browse through music videos for inspiration. Here are a few that I liked with a little description about particular aspects:
This monochrome music video has a very sophisticated and professional look. The use of play on light and shadows gives this video a distinct edge. Although it can sometimes seem too forced, the application of slow motion is cleverly used to match the rhythm of the song. There is no distinct narrative to this video, which is an aspect I think works really well, but the different landscape shots are edited right to the beat which makes it very sharp and chic.
The use of vibrant colour and abstract imagery in this music video make it fit perfectly with the soundtrack. This video provides inspiration towards the correlation between the sound and its accompanying picture. The high pitched sound of the music is extremely well matched with the use of bright colours- showing the correspondence between sound and visuals perfectly. I really like the way it switches from abstract to live performance (to the beat) instantly and then still incorporates abstract features- it adds a unique component to the video.
The fast paced, almost shaky shots used in this music video give it a very rough look-which works really well in this circumstance. The different scenes captured correlate with the song title-literally at times-to make this video seem quite heartfelt and almost like a compilation of short clips to describe a 'coming of age' narrative. This is an aspect that really appeals to their target audience and allows their music to be felt on a much more personal level-just through the music video. This effect is something I personally think is brilliant and definitely something to keep in mind.
https://mylightsmile.blogspot.co.id/2017/11/kisah-atalanta-mitologi-yunani.html
ReplyDelete